The Not-So-Traditional Wedding Lehengas for Boho Indian Brides
Jul 14, 2018
You know the boho chic bride is here to stay when Manish Arora designs artsy lehengas keeping the modern day bohemian bride in mind. From the most colourful palettes to the most pop designs, the boho vibe hasn’t left behind Indian weddings, in India, and abroad!
If you want to opt for a more casual-chic-bohemian wedding, make sure you’re dressed for it! Check out these amazing options for when you’re feeling like a boho bride!
1. Not feeling like a long, heavily sequinned lehenga on a hot summer day? Neither did this gorgeous bride, who chose to don a mini skirt and custom-designed Nikes on her wedding ceremony. If this seems a little too edgy for you, consider shortening the length to one that you’re comfortable with, and opt for statement shoes instead! Remember to have a photo op with your final look so you can zero in on it!
Keisy and Rocky Photography
2. The Golden Lehenga with Frills
A Fist Full of Bolts
3. This look takes us back to the seventies, when pearls reigned, as did floral prints! The Indian bridal lehenga seems heavily inspired by the quintessential Parsi saree, and the chic hairdo throws in a bit of modern to the classic look. You can’t miss the pop of green amidst the pearls.
Matt and Ivy Photography
4. For the super EDGY bride, a blouse with a straps might be the perfect option for an unconventional wedding. If you wish to keep it light and summerish, opt for prints that go well on light fabrics - you can’t go wrong with florals!
Nadia D Photography
5. These offbeat Indian brides decided that monotonous crimsons were just not her thing, and decided to go pop for her wedding trousseau! These Manish Arora creations bear symbols that make for a quirky yet fascinating print. The statement blouse speaks volumes without being too jazzy to look at! If you so wish, you can always opt for a heavy skirt with big paisley prints while keeping the blouse minimal and trendy.
6. Bipasha Basu gives us bride goals in her beautiful pink Indian bridal lehenga. The net dupatta with silver borders makes for a royal look, while the messy bed-hair streaked in brown is a showstopper!
The Wedding Story
Here are some offbeat boho Indian bridal lehengas for edgy BRIDES who like to keep it chic and stylish.