They say after the party comes the after party and in the case of a wedding that means the honeymoon! Your honeymoon is a time to not only bask in your new wedding bliss but also a time to fully unwind and recharge after the best yet one of the most stressful times of your life. Keeping that in mind we've compiled a list of the top ten things to remember when planning your big vacation!
1) If possible try to plan to leave for your honeymoon at least 2 or 3 days after the wedding. Often times we hear couples who jetset the very next day and it ends up being more stressful for them. Remember you'll have tons of things to lug home from the wedding and most importantly you'll be extremely tired so having a couple days at home will set the tone for a relaxing honeymoon!
2) Pack a carry on that has all the essentials in case your luggage gets lost. That includes toiletries, underwear, a bathing suit if you're going somewhere warm and any medicine you might need. That will at least hold you over until your luggage is found!
3) Make sure your tickets and hotel are booked under your maiden name! Sure you'll want to hit Facebook right away to change your last name but changing your legal documents take a little longer. While you're at it make sure none of your passports or IDs expire close to your travel dates!
4) Often times when planning a big trip you want to make sure you see everything but it's equally important to make sure you have some down time. Make any spa reservations or restaurant reservations in advance so you aren't scrambling for last minute appointments when you get there!
5) Let your credit card company know well in advance you'll be traveling so your card doesn't have any issues. Most likely after the wedding your brain will be mush and small things like this can fall under the radar!
6) Use social media to find the best spots in your destination. Twitter and Instagram are always great places to start your research because you're sure to get unbiased opinions from other travelers!
7) Try to pick a destination you and your partner have both never been to. The whole point of a honeymoon is to kick off your new journey as a family of two and there is no better way than exploring a new place together!
8) To make it a little bit more fun have you and your partner both plan surprise excursions on your honeymoon for eachother. After the wedding there will inevitably be a little post big day blues so this is a fun way to make sure you have something to look forward to!
9) Find something that is special and bring it home. My husband and I always try to buy art from the places we visit. It's a fun way to remember all the places we have been to and helps fill our home with memories!
10) Last but not least remember to let loose. Leave your work and stress at home and just try to enjoy this time with your partner. You'll never get a second honeymoon so make sure it lives up to all of your expectations and don't sweat the small stuff!
Did we miss any big tips? Let us know on our Facebook, Twitter