You see all these pictures of beautiful bridesmaids in matching outfits, and you have no idea where to begin. Fear not, one of our Spotlight Vendors, Borrow it Bindaas
, has some very helpful tips to show you how to find the perfect outfits while making sure everyone in your wedding party is happy. What more could you ask for!
- Color Guidelines: Red is very important in Indian weddings because it symbolizes purity and prosperity. If you want to stand out as the only one decked out in ruby, make it known and suggest other colors to your guests such as sunny yellow, cobalt blue or a rani pink. Giving your wedding party freedom to pick a color that suits them may help calm their nerves when it comes to wearing something they're not familiar with.
- Flattery Will Get You Everywhere: Choose a fabric that everyone can flaunt. Georgette and chiffon sarees tend to make curvier girls look slimmer.
- Working With a Budget: Bridesmaids are generally expected to pay for their own wedding day ensemble, shoes, accessories, etc. It may be a good idea to discuss with your bridesmaids a budget, or to not choose a saree that is obviously out of your girl's price range. In fact, you can work with your bridesmaids and you can now borrow your bridesmaids outfits online.
- Give Them the Option: If wearing sarees and salwars is important for your ceremony, allow your guests to bring a change of party clothes of their choice for the reception afterward. Knowing they always have a back-up may also help put minds at ease.
- Hire a Saree Draper: Hire some outside help to arrive at your wedding well beforehand. They can style and drape the sarees for your ladies. If your guests know that they don't have to do it themselves it will alleviate the pressure of wearing a saree for the first time, and assure you that all your ladies look primed and ready. Some online rental boutiques offer this phenomenal service, just ask!
Check out the entire collection from Borrow it Bindaas
on their website!