Lights, Camera, Action! The wedding day is when all eyes will be on you and your glowing face. Ensure that you hire a make-up artist who will work with you to create a look that you, and the camera, will love. Follow the steps below to begin the process of hiring a makeup artist for your Indian wedding.SET UP A TRIAL
You will find many makeup artists but in order to narrow down your choices, do the right research and ask the correct questions.
PREPARE FOR THE TRIAL
- View portfolios of different makeup styles – many will have websites with pictures of past clients or they will have pictures in their studio
- Ask about makeup costs for yourself and your wedding party and family if needed. Find out if there are discounts for multiple people.
- Ask if the makeup artist also offers hair styling services or works with a partner who does.
DURING THE TRIAL
- Schedule a trial either at your home or the artist's salon or studio
- Go au naturel – don’t wear any makeup so the artist has a fresh start.
- Bring pictures of makeup styles that you like from magazines and the internet.
- Bring a part of your wedding day clothing so makeup colors can be matched accordingly.
- If you are used to a certain foundation or have any skin allergies, bring your foundation with you to use during the trial.
- Bring a camera to the trial.
If you have prepared for the trial you have little to worry about. Now is your chance to clearly express to the artist what you are dreaming of. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth trial.
- Give the artist a good idea of what you are looking for. The more information you can give the artist, the better she can make you look.
- Show the artist your wedding outfit so makeup colors can be blended well
- Give the artist an idea of your wedding day hairstyle in case that will influence your makeup.
- Take pictures at the end of the trial. You may think everything is perfect when you walk away but looking at pictures later will help you figure out if you want to make any changes.
- Ask about fees in advance and bring the money along, as well as enough for a tip if needed.
If you’ve done everything above to prepare for the trial, now is the time to sit back and be pampered. Examine your face thoroughly and don’t forget to take pictures. If you are not satisfied with the result, ask if the artist can try something different or if you will have to schedule another trial.AFTER THE TRIAL(S)
Once you have had a few trials (or for the few lucky brides, the one trial), it’s time to make your decision. Choose the artist you felt most comfortable with and who you believe best understood what you wanted. You should trust the artist to do everything to make your wedding day look beautiful. Also compare prices to find something that best suits your budget.
If you can arrange for a hair trial on the same day it will give you a good idea of your overall wedding day look. Now that you're all dolled up, make the most of it and go out with the girls or your fiance. You have just completed one more of your wedding tasks! [Article thumbnail photo by Damion Edwards Photography]
Lights, Camera, Action! The wedding day is when all eyes will be on you and your glowing face. Ensure that you hire a make-up artist who will work with you to create a look that you, and the camera, will love. Follow the steps below to begin the process of hiring a makeup artist for your Indian wedding.