Finding the right hair stylist is an essential task for your wedding day. With multiple attire changes also come multiple styles that need to be created for your hair. Follow the steps below to find a stylist who will be able to set your hair perfectly - whether it's worn under a dupatta or not.SET UP A TRIAL
You will find many hair stylists but in order to narrow down your choices, do the right research and ask the correct questions.
- View portfolios of different hair stylists – many will have websites with pictures of past clients or they will have pictures in their salon.
- Ask about hair styling costs for yourself and your wedding party and family if needed. Find out if there are discounts for multiple people.
- Ask if the hair stylist also offers make-up services or works with a partner who does.
PREPARE FOR THE TRIAL
DURING THE TRIAL
- Schedule a trial either at your home or the stylist's salon or studio
- Go au naturel – don’t use any styling products in your hair.
- Bring pictures of styles that you like from magazines and the internet.
- Bring any hair jewelry or headpieces. If you will be wearing a dupatta on your head, take that with you.
- Bring a camera to the trial.
If you have prepared for the trial you have little to worry about. Now is your chance to clearly express to the stylist what you are dreaming of. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth trial.
- Give the stylist a good idea of what you are looking for. The more information you can give the stylist, the better she can make you look.
- Let the stylist know if you will be wearing a dupatta or other head piece on your head and practice putting it on when your hair is done.
- Take pictures at the end of the trial. You may think everything is perfect when you walk away but looking at pictures later will help you figure out if you want to make any changes.
- Ask about fees in advance and bring the money along, as well as enough for a tip if needed.
- If you’ve done everything above to prepare for the trial, now is the time to sit back and be pampered. Examine all hair styles thoroughly and don’t forget to take pictures. If you are not satisfied with the result, ask if the stylist can try something different or if you will have to schedule another trial.
AFTER THE TRIAL(S)
Once you have had a few trials (or for the few lucky brides, the one trial), it’s time to make your decision. Choose the stylist you felt most comfortable with and who you believe best understood what you wanted. You should trust the stylist to do everything to make your wedding day hair beautiful. Also compare prices to find something that best suits your budget.
Now that you're all dolled up, make the most of it and go out with the girls or your fiance. You have just completed one more of your wedding tasks!
Finding the right hair stylist is an essential task for your wedding day. With multiple attire changes also come multiple styles that need to be created for your hair. Follow the steps below to find a stylist who will be able to set your hair perfectly - whether it's worn under a dupatta or not.