Few among the country’s premium designer brands have epitomised grace, grandeur and elegance as Sabyasachi. Spearheaded by Sabyasachi Mukherjee, a graduate of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Kolkata, the brand today boasts of having styled some of the finest Bollywood films including Laaga Chunari Mein daag, Raavan and Babul.
Today, Sabyasachi stands not only as repertoire of the highest kind of panache in Indian fashion and films, but exists in the fantasies of young brides across the country. Sabyasachi lehengas are known for being extravagant yet subtle.
From Vidya Balan to Sridevi, and from Deepika Padukone to Kareena Kapoor, most of Bollywood’s leading ladies have rocked the much-coveted Sabyasachi lehenga on screen and off it.
If the traditional Sabyasachi style does not suit you, or you simply are averse to the idea of a conventional maroon lehenga with a heavy zari border, fret not. There are some unconventional styles from his collection that can be donned for the wedding ceremony. Take tips from these brides who totally rocked their big day in these gorgeous Sabyasachi creations.
1. Real Bride Aditee - Photograph by Dotdusk Studios
Also Read: Sabyasachi’s Latest High Fashion Collection ‘Firdaus’ - Dreamy!
2. Real Bride Sonal Sachdev - Photograph by Shutterdown by Lakshya Chawla
3. Real Bride Alisha - Photograph by Duke Photography
4. Real Bride Dipti looking cool in traditional red lehenga- Photograph by Art Leaves a Mark
5. Real Bride Khushbeen looking flawless in her pastel pink lehenga - Photograph by Art Capture
6. Real Bride Kiran is real beauty in this Sabya creation - Photograph by Arjuns Tryst with the Cameras
7. Real Bride Natasha in Red and Gold lehenga - Photograph by The Brownbox Studios
8. Real Bride Rajvi looks resplendent in seafoam lehenga - Photograph by Siddharth Sharma Photography
9. Real Bride Riddhika - Photography by Jodi Clickers
10. Real Bride Karishma - Photograph by The Wedding Story
11. Real Bride Rihaa in bottle green lehenga - Photograph by Art Leaves a Mark
12. Real Bride Sonal Sachdev - Photograph by Shutterdown by Lakshya Chawla
13. Real Bride Trisha - Photograph by Artfoto Studios
14. Real Bride Shreya - Photograph by PhotoTantra
15. Real Bride Shazia -Photograph by Jackson James
While it might be slightly tough to carry off a lehenga in general, Sabyasachi lehengas have the supreme quality of being so easy to drape that they can make any bride look absolutely divine on her wedding day.
Here's a lookbook of Sabya Real brides who rocked his lehengas!