With the wedding season in full swing, you probably are on the lookout for some innovative ideas as regards your outfits. Anarkalis, sarees and lehengas, move over! These conventional ensembles have become way too common at weddings these days. If you wish to stand out and make a statement, try for these unconventional outfits that look just as gorgeous as traditional wear, but come with a twist. Can you carry these off?
1. Dhoti Pants: Dhoti pants are the new cool kid on the block. This hybrid between a dhoti and straight cut pants can help you cut a nice silhouette, provided you pair it with a nice clingy kurti. We suggest pastels and a nice clutch to rock this look. Also, a high ponytail can take this look to the next level of svelte.
Outfit by Papa Don't Preach
2. Crop It Out: Who says crop tops aren’t cool enough for weddings? A nice crop top can be paired with just about anything from the wedding closet- from lehenga skirts to flared pants to palazzos, you have the freedom to experiment. Opt for a jazzy, glitzy pair to get the look spot on!
3. Jazzy Coats: Another cool addition to the traditional wardrobe, a does-it-all jacket (read sequined) can lift an ensemble like nothing else. This works especially well if you’re at an event that isn’t all casual. Keep the accessories minimal, but rock a smokey eye and stilettoes to get it right!
Neha and Sagar's Wedding
4. Flare Glare: A long flared skirt is so feminine yet easier to pull off than something like a ghaghra. Again, you have a plethora of options to choose the top from. Try to keep the skirt ethnic looking and less heavier than a ghaghra, but make sure the fabric looks rich. Our fave? A short top and statement earrings.
Photograph by Stories by Joseph Radhik
5. Jump the Suit: Feeling a little edgy? Jumpsuits to the rescue! A jumpsuit with nice embroidery in zari, or one with sequins can look stunning. Be careful while choosing a colour- pastels can uplift the outfit during the day, but for the night we suggest something in velvet with zari embroidery.
Outfit by Pernia's Pop-Up Shop
6. Cute Culottes: A pair of culottes is semi casual yet quirky, and can be the most eye grabbing ensemble at a do. Yes, we know you’ve probably only seen culottes in organic cotton, worn for refuge from the savage tropical heat, but try going for one in silk, organza or brocade. Team it with chunky jewellery and a cute kurta and you’re all set!
Photograph by Knotting Bells
7. (G)Own It: Our final favourite is a lovely evening gown in a deep colour, like wine or aubergine for the evening. You simply cannot go wrong with a long, flowy gown. Keep the accessories minimal, like a delicate bracelet and diamond studs, but try to make a statement with a bold lip or smokey eye. You can always leave you hair open, but there are practically hundreds of hairdos you can try to achieve a minimally classy, elegant look!
Photograph by CoolBluez Photography
Bid adieu to anarkalis and lehengas and say hello to gorgeous new trends.