- First, I prepped the skin by cleansing, toning and moisturizing it using products best suited for her skin type. I then used a face primer all over her face and neck, to increase makeup wear ability. I applied an eye primer on the eyelids, which helps keep the eye shadow in place.
- I started by dabbing a concealer a shade lighter than the skin tone, covering dark circles, blemishes and any patches on the face and neck. Then I evened out the skin tone with a light weight foundation, a soufflé textured base in a warm tone; this gave the skin a translucent and sheer feel. I set the foundation with a translucent powder and applied an iridescent powder over the cheek bones and the temple to give a luminous glow to the face.
- With a large rounded brush, I contoured the jaw line and the hollow of the cheeks with a powder. I used a color darker than the bride’s natural skin tone. I then applied a rosy blush on the apples of the cheek, creating a natural glow.
- I dabbed some powder under the eyes before applying the eye makeup so that any loose shadow which falls can be easily brushed off. For this look, I used a pearly shadow under the brow and over the eye lids for a highlighting affect. I used a wash of charcoal grey blended in with a fleshy pink over the socket of the eye, to give it a brighter hue.
- To accentuate the eye, I applied a thin line of black eye liner over the upper lid, and to balance the lower lid, I smudged it with a matching kohl pencil.
- I groomed the eyebrows by filling them in with the same color as the bride’s hair, keeping the strokes feather-like. I used a compressed eye shadow in dark brown and fixed any stray hairs with clear mascara in an outward and upward direction.
- I layered the lashes with a coat of primer and then two coats of mascara.
- To complete the look, I applied a nude tone lip liner and then filled it in with a taupe lip stain.
_________________________________This look was created by Shalini Vasisht. Shalini Vasisht is a renowned celebrity Makeup Artist and the lady behind many glamorous and beautiful bollywood stars like Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen, Sharmila Tagore, Pooja Batra, Mallika Sherawat, Neha Dhupia, Udita Goswami among others. For more about Shalini, visit her website.
Shalini Vasisht, a renowned celebrity Makeup Artist and the lady behind many glamorous and beautiful bollywood stars, presents a tutorial on re-creating this hot pink look for Spring. Try it for yourself!