- Start with a clean moisturized face. For spring and summer, a lightweight moisturizer works great. (Rec: Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer)
- Apply a face primer. A silicone free primer will keep your skin oil free and will even out the skin texture. (Rec: Korres Silicone Free Face Primer)
- Follow with a sheer foundation applying it all over the face and neck using a stippling brush like MAC 187. Dab concealer over any blemishes and blend into your foundation. Give the foundation and concealer a few minutes to sink in and later set it with translucent powder using a large fluffy blush. (Rec: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Cover FX Translucent Setting Powder)
- A fresh face requires a barely there, lit from within look for your cheeks. Choose a blush that adds a natural flush of color with a hint of shimmer for the glow. If you find the right blush, a highlighter almost becomes unnecessary! A golden pink shade will look great on almost any skin tone. Sweep it across the apples of your cheeks, dust a little along the bridge of your nose and along your hairline on the forehead. (Rec: Smashbox Blush Rush – Chiffon)
- With an angled blush brush, sweep a darker powder along the hollow of your cheeks moving towards the temple to gently contour your cheek bones. Use a matte shade. (Rec: Smashbox Matte Bronzer)
- Start off by applying a smoothing primer all over your eyes and under. (Rec: SKINN Insta Fill For Eyes)
- Follow with a concealer covering any dark circles. Always use a dabbing motion to apply concealer. Let it sink in and follow with translucent powder to set the concealer. Dab extra translucent powder under the eyes to catch any fall outs from the eye shadow. You can later brush off the excess powder with a fluffy brush.
- Using a flat eye shadow brush, apply a warm peachy pink shade all over the lid. Follow with a bronzy orange color along the outer corner of the eye, the crease, and blend the two shades together with a fluffy crease brush. Apply a beige pink shade as a highlighter under the brow bone and on the inner corner of your eye. Line the water line, upper and lower lash line with a black pencil liner/kajal. Go over it with a matte black eye shadow smudging the line and softening the look. Finish off with false lashes and waterproof mascara. (Rec: MAC Expensive Pink, MAC Juiced, MAC Your Ladyship Pigment, MAC Carbon, Cover Girl Lash Blast Water Proof Mascara)
- The options for lips are endless! You could go for a juicy raspberry, a warm matte pink or a nude pink lip color. (Rec: Lipstick Queen Butter Ball Lipstick – Trance, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Lipstick – Stay Pink, Smashbox Lip Tech – Nude / Peony)
- Right before styling your hair, don’t forget to add some ultra glamorous shine to it. (Rec: Shu Uemura Essence Absolue)
- Make the setting spray a regular part of your makeup. The spray brings all the elements of makeup together and keeps you looking fresh all day long! Place the spray bottle about 15 inches away from your face and spray a couple of times all over your face and neck. (Rec: Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Setting Spray)
_________________________________The Author of this post, Indian Girl, is the editor of a popular beauty and makeup blog - An Indian's Makeup Blog. On her blog she writes interesting reviews of beauty and makeup products, creates everyday/special occasion makeup, covers Hollywood & Bollywood celebrity makeup, provides excellent beauty tips and above all has fun doing it! Visit her at http://anindiansmakeupmusings.blogspot.com/
One big trend this spring season is fresh, clean makeup. It is extremely easy to carry this trend onto your wedding day by simply choosing a color as crisp and easy as pink and keeping your makeup light and breezy!