Shalini Vadhera is a well-known name in Hollywood. She is a celebrity makeup artist and has worked on shows like “The Bold and the Beautiful,” “Dancing with the Stars,” and “The Tonight Show.” Shalini also has an impressive client list that includes Tyson Beckford, Ty Pennington and many others. An expert with over 10 years of experience, this Indian-American woman is a leader in the beauty world.Passport to Beauty Amazon.com
Have you ever wondered why Brazilian woman have such amazing bodies and why Indian women have such thick and luxurious hair? Shalini answers these questions and many more in her first book, “PASSPORT TO BEAUTY: Secrets and Tips from Around the World for Becoming a Global Goddess.” Shalini has compiled tips she has learned from traveling around the world and shares how to copy international techniques by using everyday items in our homes.EUROPE
- Beer is more than just a cool drink in Belgium. Belgian women keep their hair thick and smooth by using beer as a final rinse when washing their hair.
- Need to soothe irritated skin? Follow the Greek women and massage some olive oil into your skin. This antioxidant helps soften dry skin.
- Sure, drinking coffee wakes you up in the morning, but Indonesian women brighten their skin with a scrub of coffee grounds. Exfoliation and a mood elevating aroma in one!
- Want to instantly detoxify and speed up metabolism? Indian women begin their day with a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon.
- Looking to naturally exfoliate your skin? Egyptian women treat themselves to luxurious milk baths. The lactic acid gently exfoliates and softens the skin. The American woman can achieve the same affect by adding two cups of powdered milk in bathwater.
- Want a healthy snack? Gambian women control their weight by feasting on a variety of nuts.
- Women in the Bahamas take control of their fly-aways with a few drops of avocado oil.
- Want the perfect tan this summer? Follow the Latin American women and drink carrot juice to get that bronze color.
For more beauty tips and recipes, check out Passport to Beauty by Shalini Vadhera
.Global Goddess Beauty
There is often a void in makeup that South Asian women can comfortably wear and feel confident in. To fill this void, Shalini Vadhera has created her own makeup and skincare line called Global Goddess Beauty. The colors used in this makeup line are high in pigment, universally appealing on any complexion and are ideal for South Asian skin tones.
Beauty Tips for the Indian Bride
We asked Shalini to share her personal beauty tips for the brides-to-be visiting IndianWeddingSite.com. Below are some of her favorites that we are sure will help you look even more radiant on your big day.
- Even though Indian Brides are known to wear very dramatic makeup, Less Is More when it comes to makeup for your wedding day. Keep foundation light-weight and powder silky to avoid your makeup coming across as very heavy.
- Wear gloss, preferably a pink one, to brighten up and soften your look. Dark burgundy and red lipsticks can tend to look harsh and age you in your pictures.
- Avoid heavy and dark lipliners. Use a nude color to frame the lip and apply your lipstick with a lip brush for defined, full lips.
- Look for foundations, concealers and powders with either yellow or olive undertones to avoid looking gray and washed out in your photos.
- Brows are everything but don't try waxing or threading the day before your wedding. You may react and it’s hard to conceal the irritation. Opt for getting your treatments done one week prior to the big event.
- Play with false eyelashes for extra drama. Instead of wearing really dark eyeshadows, lighten up with golds and bronzes and add drama with full false lashes!
- You know how desi weddings go.....ALWAYS wear waterproof mascara :-)
For more information on Shalini Vadhera and Global Goddess, visit her web sites: www.ShaliniVadhera.com www.GlobalGoddessBeauty.com
Shalini Vadhera is a well-known name in Hollywood. She is a celebrity makeup artist and has worked on shows like “The Bold and the Beautiful,” “Dancing with the Stars,” and “The Tonight Show.” Shalini also has an impressive client list that includes Tyson Beckford, Ty Pennington and many others. An expert with over 10 years of experience, this Indian-American woman is a leader in the beauty world.