The first dance after a couple gets married is surely a very special one. The bond between the bride and groom becomes so visible, almost tangible. But of course, the music needs to be just right! If you're to be married soon, don't forget to plan your first post-wedding dance too! Think about what song to dance to, if nothing else. If you pick a good track – that’s one disaster avoided. And you can rest assured that your first dance will be a wonderful memory you can cherish forever! Here are some ideas on top first dance songs for your wedding.
1. Pyaar Ki Yeh Kahaani Suno - This was one of the best things about the movie Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd! While Abhay Deol and Minisha Lamba rocked some mind-blowing salsa moves, you and your better half may not have those skills. Still, it's one of those songs you can find your own pace and rhythm to. You can slow dance, prepare an item in advance or simply let go and dance wildly to the beats.
Also Read: 15 Peppy Songs For Grooms Entry
2. My Heart Will Go On - Couples who are uber-romantic and not afraid to show it, this melody from Titanic would be perfect for you. Celine Dion's lovely voice and the mellow notes are brilliant to enjoy a beautiful, slow dance to. Pro tip - this one is easy to perform on for it has a slow beat; people with dubious dancing skills can go for it.
3. Bole Chudiyan - This track from K3G become a wedding party staple when it first released. And one can tell why; it has a romantic, celebratory vibe and some great beats to sway to. But you cannot perhaps have the best of impromptu dances with this one. It's best suited for choreographed performance and couples who want to wow everyone with their killer moves.
4. Every Breath You Take - Anyone in love will vouch for the fact that this song by The Police is simply divine. From its soft, soothing instrumentals to the touching lyrics, everything is a perfect complement to a great love story. A couple that's madly in love and has survived many obstacles during courtship will be especially keen on a number like this. Waltz it up with this track!
5. Pehli Nazar Mein- Couples with a love-at-first-sight romance could dance to this beautiful number from the movie Race. Atif Aslam's vocals and the slow beats are ideal for two people sharing an intimate emotional moment on the dance floor. Pro tip - don't pre-prepare any moves for this. Even the worst of dancers can shake a leg to this song since it evokes deep feelings, causing the awkwardness to be forgotten.
If there's one decision that is difficult to make then it is deciding the first dance songs after tying the knot. Read our compilation of the songs to get those creative juices flowing!