Top 5 Cake Cutting Songs For Your Wedding
Jul 15, 2016
There is something incredibly romantic about the cake cutting ceremony at weddings. It’s like you’re ushering in a new phase of life with tasty, frosty, yummy goodness. When couple cuts it together, it’s a heart-melting, “aww”-worthy and memorable moment, for not just the bride and groom but the onlookers too. And you know what adds to the beauty of it all? Some lovely music in the background which complements the mood. Here are some songs you can have playing while the wedding cake cutting ceremony is on.
1. Tum Hi Ho – This soft, soothing melody from Aashiqui 2 is the perfect song to play during the cake cutting. It is an ode to eternal love and a relationship that is all-encompassing. What better way to kick-start your marriage than with such a soulful song. If you and your partner are die-hard romantics, this is your song!
2. Raanjhana – A more peppy number that’ll liven up the wedding ceremony, this is suited for couples that don’t believe in too much PDA, i.e. Public Display of Affection. The title track of Raanjhana is upbeat and has lovely lyrics, which are romantic without being cheesy. If you and your partner are best described as the “cool” couple, this is your song!
3. Teri Meri Prem Kahaani – This touching song from Bodyguard is a celebration of love that survives many battles. And well, a lot of love stories have their fair share of hitches and drama. Teri Meri Prem Kahaani would be ideal for a couple that has won the battle and is finally united in holy matrimony. If you and your partners are persistent, love-struck survivors, you have to play this song when cutting the cake!
4. Badtameez Dil – The lyrics of this song is a no brainer. But this fast-paced number from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani is fun, flirty and full of life. Couples that live in the moment and enjoy their companionship to no end will want to have this funny number blaring on the speakers as they cut their cake. If you and your partner are slightly quirky but totally in love, this is the song for you!
5. Ambarsariya – Another romantic song that’s simple yet moving, this song from Fukrey is for those who want a soft, soothing melody playing in the background as they cut the cake. This song is suitably romantic without being over-the-top. If you and your partner are the elegant, silent lovers, this song will be totally apt.
Read about the popular cake cutting songs that can be played when the bride and groom cut the wedding cake and offer it to one another.