Every once in a while, we receive a wedding that is so refreshing that I just can't wait to share it! Let's just say, today is your lucky day, dear readers =)
Our bride, Deepika, kicked off her wedding festivities with a beautifully planned "Pretty-in-Pink" Sangeet the night before the wedding. Every detail of the event was pink, down to the attire of ALL of the guests! Even the men joined in on the festivities by wearing a shade of pink. (Side note, I love a confident man in pink!)
Wondering how to throw a sophisticated and feminine pretty-in-pink wedding event of your own? Check out this list of details
from the bride!
- Pink fabric and pink flowers lining the driveway
- Pink signs saying “Khanna Peena” and “Geet Sangeet“
- Pink table cloths and napkins
- Pink picture frames at the bar that said “Show Your Pink! Get Your Drink!"
- Pink churriyans for the ladies wrapped in pink and gold bags
- Pink mattai table with mattai baskets wrapped in varying shades of pink fabric
- Pink candles (custom made in India) in hurricane centerpieces
- Pink floating candles in the pool (also hand made in India)
- Pink fabric and pillows adorning the stage
- Giant pink dot on the dance floor that said “Deepika & Vishal Pretty in Pink Sangeet”
- Pink lanterns and pink umbrellas hanging in the trees
- Pink Falooda with the Kulfi
I'm loving all the handmade touches! Now THAT, ladies, is how you personalize your Sangeet. And I just have to share this great tip from the bride that you should all take note of -"My dear friend Sheena gave me earplugs at the Sangeet and around midnight while many of the guests were still dancing, eating and enjoying, I sneaked into my bedroom, took off all the pre-bridal attire, slipped into my PJ’s and tucked the earplugs into my ears. Quite honestly, it was the best sleep of the entire wedding week."
Back in just a bit with more from this California wedding!Wedding Professionals: Photography - Harvard Photography / Cinematographer - Robles Video Productions / Wedding Coordinator - An Affaire of the Heart / Venue - Scripps College / Catering - Tangy Tomato, Artesia / Florist - Cupid's Arrow Wedding & Event Floral Studio / Cake - Some Crust Bakery